Kirkus Reviews calls Fair Housing Helper for Apartment Professionals a "useful, easy-to-read guide for those who want to learn more about complying with U.S. fair housing law," noting that the "book offers plenty of good advice in plain English" and the "quiz format makes learning the law fun and easy to digest."
Discover the answers to these questions and more:
- What phrases should I avoid when advertising my apartments?
- Can I reject applicants who weren't born in the U.S.A.?
- Do I have enough parking spaces for people with disabilities?
- Must I let a tenant keep a cat for his disability?
- Can I require families to put children in separate bedrooms?
- Can I reject prospects with HIV or AIDS for health reasons?
- Should I worry about discriminating against illegal drug users?
- Will I get fined because all my tenants are white?
- Must I rent to families with children at my senior community?
- Will I get into trouble for turning away Section 8 prospects?
- Can I legally reject prospects who are openly gay?
- Do I need to install grab bars in my apartments' bathrooms?
- Can I decorate my common areas for the holidays?
For more information about the book, please visit FairHousingHelper.com.